Dr. Satnam Singh Virdee discusses the endodontic retreatment of a maxillary first molar in this award-winning case
Award-winning case: Dr. Satnam Singh Virdee won the Young Dentist Endodontic Award 2016 for this case. Find out more at bit.ly/2jiuSLd.
DS, a 36-year-old photographer, was referred from his general dental practitioner (GDP) to the local restorative department for endodontic retreatment of a previously root-filled maxillary first molar. This report aims to discuss the examination, treatment planning, and endodontic management of this tooth, which present several complicating features.
Educational aims and objectives
This clinical article aims to discuss the examination, treatment planning, and endodontic management of a maxillary first molar presenting several complicating features.
Endodontic Practice US subscribers can answer the CE questions to earn 2 hours of CE from reading this article. Take the quiz by clicking here. Correctly answering the questions will demonstrate the reader can:
- Describe the examination and assessments used in the patient case.
- Recognize the prognosis and treatment plan of the patient case.
- Understand the treatment protocols followed during the patient’s first and second appointments.
- Realize the strategy used to manage the complications in this case and the value of using the literature to overcome challenges and develop clinical skills.
- Realize that the definition of success or failure in a case may not be representative of the dynamic healing process that is occurring.