Dr. Tiago André Fontoura de Melo and Letícia Feron analyze instruments after preparation of curved canals with three rotary systems
This study aims to analyze the cutting efficiency and apical deviation after preparation of curved canals with three rotary systems.
- Al-Sudani D. Topographic Analysis of HyFlex(®) Controlled Memory Nickel Titanium Files. J Int Oral Health. 2014;6(6):1-4.
- Alapati SB, Brantley WA, Iijima M, Clark WA, Kovarik L, Buie C, Liu J, Bem Johnson W. Metallurgical characterization of a new nickel-titanium wire for rotary endodontic instruments. J Endod. 2009;35(11):1589-1593.
- Becker AN, Borin G, Oliveira EPM, Melo TAF, Echeveste SS. Effect of the sterilization on the cutting efficiency of ProTaper® and K3® endodontic instruments. RGO. 2009;57(4):389-393.
- Borin G, Becker AN, Oliveira EPM, Melo TAF, Echeveste SS. Influence of the sterilization on the cut capacity of rotatory endodontics instruments ProTaper®. Rev Odontol Univ São Paulo. 2008;20(1):14-18.
- Braga LC, Faria Silva AC, Buono VT, de Azevedo Bahia MG. Impact of heat treatments on the fatigue resistance of different rotary nickel-titanium instruments. J Endod. 2014;40(9):1494-1497.
- Bürklein S, Börjes L, Schäfer E. Comparison of preparation of curved root canals with Hyflex CM and Revo-S rotary nickel-titanium instruments. Int Endod J. 2014;47(5):470-476.
- Bürklein S, Mathey D, Schäfer E. Shaping ability of ProTaper NEXT and BT-RaCe nickel-titanium instruments in severely curved root canals. Int Endod J. 2015;48(8):774-781.
- Capar ID, Arslan H, Akcay M, Ertas H. An in vitro comparison of apically extruded debris and instrumentation times with ProTaperUniversal, ProTaper Next, Twisted File Adaptive, and HyFlex instruments. J Endod. 2014a;40(10):1638-41.
- Capar ID, Arslan H, Akcay M, Uysal B. Effects of ProTaper Universal, ProTaper Next, and HyFlex instruments on crack formation in dentin. J Endod. 2014b;40(9):1482-1484.
- Capar ID, Ertas H, Arslan H. Comparison of cyclic fatigue resistance of nickel-titanium coronal flaring instruments. J Endod. 2014c;40(8):1182-1185.
- Capar ID, Ertas H, Ok E, Arslan H, Ertas ET. Comparative study of different novel nickel-titanium rotary systems for root canal preparation in severely curved root canals. J Endod. 2014d;40(6):852-856.
- Deepak J, Ashish M, Patil N, Kadam N, Yadav V, Jagdale H. Shaping ability of 5(th) generation Ni-Ti rotary systems for root canal preparation in curved root anals using CBCT: an in vitro study. J Int Oral Health. 2015;7(Suppl 1):57-61.
- Elemam RF, Capelas JA, Vaz MA, Viriato N, Pereira ML, Azevedo A, West J. Evaluating transportation by comparing several uses of rotary endodontic files. J Contemp Dent Pract. 2015;16(12):927-932.
- Elnaghy AM, Elsaka SE. Evaluation of root canal transportation, centering ratio, and remaining dentin thickness associated with ProTaper Next instruments with and without glide path. J Endod. 2014;40(12):2053-2056.
- Gagliardi J, Versiani MA, de Sousa-Neto MD, Plazas-Garzon A, Basrani B. Evaluation of the Shaping Characteristics of ProTaper Gold, ProTaper NEXT, and ProTaperUniversal in Curved Canals. J Endod. 2015;41(10):1718-1724.
- Gambarini G, Plotino G, Grande NM, Al-Sudani D, De Luca M, Testarelli L. Mechanical properties of nickel-titanium rotary instruments produced with a new manufacturing technique. Int Endod J. 2011;44(4):337-341.
- Haikel Y, Serfaty R, Lwin TTC, Alleman C. Measurement of the cutting efficiency of endodontic instruments: a new concept. J Endod. 1996;22(12):651-661.
- Javaheri HH, Javaheri GH. A comparison of three Ni-Ti rotary instruments in apical transportation. J Endod. 2007;33(3):284-286.
- Koçak MM, Çiçek E, Koçak S, Sağlam BC, Furuncuoğlu F. Comparison of ProTaper Next and HyFlex instruments on apical debris extrusion in curved canals. Int Endod J. In press.
- Kumar BS, Pattanshetty S, Prasad M, Soni S, Pattanshetty KS, Prasad S. An invitro Evaluation of canal transportation and centering ability of two rotary Nickel Titanium systems (Twisted Files and Hyflex files) with conventional stainless Steel hand K-flexofiles by using Spiral ComputedTomography. J Int Oral Health. 2013;5(5):108-115.
- Lam TV, Lewis DJ, Atkins DR, Macfarlane RH, Clarkson RM, Whitehead MG, Brockhurst PJ, Moule AJ. Changes in root canal morphology in simulated curved canals over-instrumented with a variety of stainless steel and nickel titanium files. Aust Dent J. 1999;44(1):12-19.
- Limongi O, Klymus AO, Baratto-Filho F, Vanni JR, Travassos R. In vitro evaluation of the presence of apical deviation with employment of automated handpieces with continuous and alternate motion for root canal preparation. J Appl Oral Sci. 2004;12(3):195-199.
- Ninan E, Berzins DW. Torsion and bending properties of shape memory and superelastic nickel-titanium rotary instruments. J Endod. 2013;39(1):101-104.
- Rapisarda E, Bonaccorso A, Tripi TR, Fragalk I, Condorelli GG. Effect of sterilization on the cutting efficiency of rotary nickel-titanium endodontic files. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 1999;88(3):343-347.
- Saber SE, Nagy MM, Schäfer E. Comparative evaluation of the shaping ability of ProTaper Next, iRaCe and Hyflex CM rotary NiTi files in severely curved root canals. Int Endod J. 2015;48(2):131-136.
- Schäfer E, Dammaschke T. Development and sequelae of canal transportation. Endodontic Topics. 2006;15:75-90.
- Schäfer E, Oitzinger M. Cutting efficiency of five different types of rotary nickel-titanium instruments. J Endod. 2008;34(2):198-200.
- Seago ST, Bergeron BE, Kirkpatrick TC, Roberts MD, Roberts HW, Himel VT, Sabey KA. Effect of repeated simulated clinical use and sterilization on the cutting efficiency and flexibility of Hyflex CM nickel-titanium rotary files. J Endod. 2015;41(5):725-728.
- Shabalovskaya SA, Anderegg JW. Surface spectroscopic characterization of TiNi nearly equitamic shape memory alloys for implant. J Vac Scie Technol. 1995;13:2624-2632.
- Silva EJ, Vieira VC, Tameirão MD, Belladonna FG, Neves Ade A, Souza EM, DE-Deus G. Quantitative transportation assessment in curved canals prepared with an off-centered rectangular design system. Braz Oral Res. 2016;30(1):e43.
- Thompson M, Sidow SJ, Lindsey K, Chuang A, McPherson JC 3rd. Evaluation of a new filing system’s ability to maintain canal morphology. J Endod. 2014;40(6):867-870.
- Uznoglu E, Turker SA. Comparison of canal transportation, centering ratio by cone beam computed tomography after preparation with different file Systems. J Contemp Dent Pract. 2015;16(5):360-365.
- Zhao D, Shen Y, Peng B, Haapasalo M. Micro-computed tomography evaluation of the preparation of mesiobuccal root canals in maxillary first molars with HyFlex® CM, twisted files, and K3 instruments. J Endod. 2013;39(3):385-388.
- Zhao D, Shen Y, Peng B, Haapasalo M. Root canal preparation of mandibular molars with 3 nickel-titanium rotary instruments: a micro-computed tomographic study. J Endod. 2014;40(11):1860-4.
- Zinelis S, Eliades T, Eliades G. A metallurgical characterization of ten endodontic Ni-Ti instruments: assessing the clinical relevance of shape memory and superelastic properties of Ni-Ti endodontic instruments. Int Endod J. 2010;43(2):125-34.