Dr. Allen Ali Nasseh discusses nonsurgical retreatment with innovative instruments
Nickel titanium has been a miracle alloy in the past few decades. Since its discovery by the Naval Ordinance in 1958 during attempts to develop the ideal alloy for ballistic missile nose cones, to its adaptation in medicine in the 1980s for cardiac stents, and later for endodontic files and orthodontic wires, this alloy has seen lots of modifications.
- Bao P, Shen Y, Lin J, Haapasalo M. In Vitro Efficacy of XP-endo Finisher with 2 Different Protocols on Biofilm Removal from Apical Root Canals. J Endod. 2017;43(2):321-325. Epub 2016 Dec 7.
- Keskin C, Sariyilmaz E, Sariyilmaz Ö. Efficacy of XP-endo Finisher File in Removing Calcium Hydroxide from Simulated Internal Resorption Cavity. J Endod. 2017;43(1):126-130.
- Wigler R, Dvir R, Weisman A1, Matalon S, Kfir A1. Efficacy of XP-endo finisher files in the removal of calcium hydroxide paste from artificial standardized grooves in the apical third of oval root canals. Int Endod J. 2016; Jun 8 [epub ahead of print].
- Alves FR, Marceliano-Alves MF, Sousa JC, Silveira SB, Provenzano JC, Siqueira JF Jr. Removal of Root Canal Filling in Curved Canals Using Either Reciprocation Single- or Rotary Multi-instrument Systems and a Supplementary Step with the XP-Endo Finisher. J Endod. 2016; 42(7):1114-1119.
- Sanabria-Liviac D, Moldauer BI, Garcia-Godoy F, Antonio-Campos A, Casaretto M, Torres-Navarro J, Scalercio JM. Comparison of the XP-Endo Finisher File System and Passive Ultrasonic Irrigation (PUI) on Smear Layer Removal after Root Canal Instrumentation Effectiveness of Two Irrigation Methods on Smear Layer Removal. J Dent Oral Health. 4: 1-7.
- Leoni GB, Versiani MA, Silva-Sousa YT, Bruniera JF, Pécora JD, Sousa-Neto MD. Ex vivo evaluation of four final irrigation protocols on the removal of hard-tissue debris from the mesial root canal system of mandibular first molars. Int Endod J. 2016;Mar 18. DOI:10.1111/iej.12630 [epub ahead of print].
- Azim AA, Aksel H, Zhuang T, Mashtare T, Babu JP, Huang GT. Efficacy of 4 Irrigation Protocols in Killing Bacteria Colonized in Dentinal Tubules Examined by a Novel Confocal Laser Scanning Microscope Analysis. J Endod. 2016; 42(6):928-934.